Work culture plays an important role in extracting the best out of employees and making them stick to the organization for a longer duration. At Sarjan, we offer a positive ambience to the employees for them to concentrate on their work rather than interfering in each other’s work.
Work culture is based on:
- Beliefs, thought processes, attitudes of the employees.
- Ideologies and principles of the promoters.
It is the work culture which decides the way employees interact with each other and how an organization functions.
In layman’s language work culture refers to the mentality of the employees which further decides the ambience of the organization.
A healthy work culture leads to satisfied employees and an increased productivity.
- Employees must be cordial with each other. One must respect his/her fellow worker. Backbiting is considered strictly unprofessional and must be avoided for a healthy work culture. One gains nothing out of conflicts and nasty politics at work.
- Each employee should be treated as one. Partiality leads to demotivated employees and eventually an unhealthy work culture. At Sarjan, employees are judged only by their work and nothing else. Personal relationships take a backseat at the workplace. We don’t favour anyone just because he/she is a relative.
- Appreciating the top performers is important. Praise the employees to expect good work from them every time. We appreciate them and pat on their back. Let them feel indispensable for our organization. We never criticize the ones who have not performed well, instead ask them to pull up their socks for the next time. Give them one more opportunity rather than firing them immediately. We fire people up!
- Encourage discussions at the workplace. Employees must discuss issues among themselves to reach to better conclusions. Each one has the liberty to express his/her views. The team leaders and managers are encouraged interact with the subordinates frequently. Transparency is essential at all levels for better relationships among employees and a healthy work culture. Manipulating information and data tampering is a strict no no at Sarjan. We encourage information flow in its desired form.
- Organization must have employee friendly policies and practical guidelines. Rules and regulations are made to benefit the employees. Employees must maintain the decorum of the organization. Discipline is of prime importance at Sarjan. It ensures equality amongst all and provides opportunities for everyone.
- Bosses are mentors to the employees. The team leaders should be a source of inspiration for the subordinates. The superiors are expected to provide a sense of direction to the employees and guide them whenever needed. The team members have an easy access to their boss, when in trouble or otherwise.
- Promote team building activities to bind the employees together. Conduct training programs, workshops, seminars and presentations to upgrade the existing skills of the employees. Prepare them for the tough times. They should be ready under any odd circumstances or change in the work culture.