Your privacy is very important to us. At Sarjan we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
We do not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
- Like most website operators, Sarjan collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Sarjan’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Sarjan’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Sarjan may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- Sarjan also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs. Sarjan only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- Certain visitors to Sarjan’s website choose to interact with Sarjan in ways that require Sarjan to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Sarjan gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive Sarjan updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, Sarjan collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Sarjan. Sarjan does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- Sarjan discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Sarjan’s behalf or to provide services available at Sarjan’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Sarjan’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Sarjan will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Sarjan discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Sarjan believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Sarjan, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Sarjan website and have supplied your email address, Sarjan may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Sarjan and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Sarjan takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- If Sarjan, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Sarjan goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Sarjan may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.